Here is the gear that I currently use to make vlogs:
I prefer to use a DSLR for recording video
- Canon 80D – I like this camera because it has a flip out LCD so I can see myself in the shot.
- iPhone 6 – Always with me always useful.
- Canon PowerShot 135 – Very portable, but very shaky.
Onboard microphones on cameras suck so an external helps you get better audio.
When I’m at home I film with these inexpensive lights. I want to upgrade these soon.
- LED Lights – These are super bright and portable, but they cast wicked shadows
I have a few standard tripods, one DSLR Gorilla pod, and a smaller GripTight Gorilla pod for my iPhone.
- Standard Tripod – I’ve got three of these
- Gorilla Pod – Totally the Casey Neistat vlogging gear 🙂
- GripTight Gorilla Pod
I’ve got some grey backdrop paper, but I normally try to find a place to have a live backdrop.
I use Adobe Premiere for most videos and iMovie when I need something short and quick. I use ScreenFlow for screencasts.